Loss of Limbs in Auto Accidents
Dallas Attorneys Fighting For Your Rights
Among the most severe car accident injuries we handle in Dallas, losing an arm or a leg in a car crash can instantly change a person's life. Such injuries are especially common in high-speed accidents on major highways like I-20 or I-30.
But serious motor vehicle accidents which result in the amputation of an arm or leg can occur anywhere in Dallas - from side streets in South Dallas or Winnetka Heights to crowded roads near University Park or Uptown.
Knowing what to do after such a serious accident can be overwhelming. That's why we want to meet with you as soon as possible. At Tracey & Fox, our dedicated Dallas auto accident attorneys can help you and your family every step of the way through your legal process.
Types Of Injuries
Loss of limb injuries are divided into two main categories. Injuries that result in the loss of a limb in an accident are known as "traumatic amputations." Injuries that require a medical operation to remove an arm, leg or another body part are known as "surgical amputations."
Where the amputation occurred on a person's body also affects the classification of the amputation. These include:
- Removal of entire arm (Shoulder Disarticulation)
- Above elbow (Transhumeral)
- Below forearm (Transradial)
- Hand below wrist (Metacarpal amputation)
- Hand above wrist (Wrist disarticulation)
- Fingers (Digit amputation)
- Amputation of entire leg and hip joint (Hip disarticulation)
- Removal of leg above knee (Transfermoral amputation)
- Leg including knee (Knee disarticulation)
- Leg below knee (Transtibial amputation)
- Foot including ankle (Ankle disarticulation)
- Foot below ankle (Foot amputation)
- Removal of toes (Digit amputation)
How We Can Help
When you have our experienced legal team working for you, we can make sure your Dallas car accident receives the attention it rightfully deserves. We carefully analyze accident reports, medical records and frequently consult with experts in their field.
We also gather evidence designed to illustrate the full financial impact of your amputation on your quality of life. We think long-term at Tracey & Fox. That's because we realize that injury victims only have one opportunity to obtain the money they will need for the rest of their lives due to the loss of an arm, leg or another body part.
We're not afraid to do the work that needs to be done to get the job done right. Put your trust in a Dallas law firm that puts your needs first. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation.