Investigating Trucking Companies
Our San Antonio truck accident attorneys uncover the truth
Truck accidents in San Antonio can be especially complicated for many different reasons. And one of the main reasons why often involves the trucking companies that employ truck drivers involved in such accidents.
Many of these companies are located in other states or other countries, especially since San Antonio is relatively close to Mexico and so many trucks travel through San Antonio on I-35 or I-10 on their way to other cities throughout the country.
But it's not just where these businesses are located that makes getting information from them so difficult. It's the barriers they often put up to prevent people from obtaining the facts they rightfully deserve. That's why it's critical you contact Tracey Fox King & Walters law firm right away after your truck accident.
Tricks they play
Many trucking companies do everything they can to make investigating them as difficult as possible. They do this because they know accident victims need evidence to build a strong legal case. If you don't have the facts, you likely won't get the money you deserve after your accident. Some of their tactics include:
- Claiming they don't have the information you requested
- Not answering the phone
- Not replying to emails
- Falsifying documents
- Destroying documents, especially after an accident
We know the games they play and know how to hold them accountable for their actions. That's why we're eager to meet with you.
They don't fool us
Our attorneys have decades of experience investigating trucking companies after a serious accident. When you have us on your side, we can demand that trucking companies provide records that could be important for your case. Such documents can include:
- Hours of service (HOS) logs - These logs document exactly how many hours the truck driver spent on the road before your accident. We can also cross-check these logs with other evidence to determine if the truck driver or trucking company tried to falsify these HOS logs and hide the fact that the truck driver was tired and worked too many hours.
- Truck driver's accident history - Did the driver have similar accidents in the past? Was the driver reprimanded for such accidents?
- Trucking company's hiring records - Did the trucking company knowingly hire a reckless or inexperienced truck driver?
- Trucking company's repair records - Did the trucking company properly maintain its trucks? Or are their gaps in their routine maintenance of the vehicles?
If the trucking company somehow contributed to your accident, we will aggressively investigate them and will not rest until we uncover the truth. Take your case seriously right from the start. Contact our San Antonio office and schedule your free case evaluation right now. We leave no stone unturned in pursuit of justice.