Sadly, thousands of Texans lose their lives to drunk drivers each year, and countless others suffer debilitating injuries. Texas is ranked among the top 10 states with the highest number of DUI-related fatalities, which is proof that drunk driving is no small problem.
At Tracey & Fox, we believe there's no excuse for drunk driving. If you or someone you love has been injured - or worse, killed - in a DUI accident, we can help you seek justice.
Facts & Statistics About Drunk Driving
- Approximately 1,440 Texans were killed in drunk driving accidents in 2015
- More than 99,000 drivers were arrested for DUI in Texas in 2015
- More than 71,000 Texans were convicted of drunk driving charges in 2015
- In 2015, nearly 41% of all traffic fatalities in Texas were caused by drunk drivers
- More than 15,600 Texans were injured in alcohol-related accidents in 2015
- Taxpayers in Texas shell out $6+ billion each year for drunk driving accidents
- More DUI drivers die in auto accidents in Texas than non-DUI drivers
- Roughly 660 teens under the age of 18 were arrested for DUI in Texas in 2011
- On average, someone is killed by a drunk driver every 40 minutes in the U.S.
- About three in every 10 people will be involved in a drunk driving accident
- Roughly 35% of all fatal DUI accidents are caused by drivers aged 21-24
- Drunk drivers are 11 times more likely to be killed in a fatal auto accident
- The average person drives drunk over 80 times before they are finally caught
- Illegal substances and drugs contribute to 18% of all fatal auto accidents
- 50-70% of drunk drivers with suspended licenses continue to drive
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Drunk Driving Accident
Intoxicated drivers put countless lives at risk when they make the decision to get behind the wheel, which is not only negligent, but reckless. If you have been injured by drunk driver, it's important to understand that you have rights. With the help of a Houston car accident attorney from Tracey & Fox, you can seek compensation for all of the damages you have suffered.
By filing a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek compensation for:
- Loss of past and future wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical bills and ongoing medical care
- Pain and suffering / mental anguish
- Funeral costs (for wrongful death)
- Punitive damages as a penalty
At Tracey & Fox, we have been representing drunk driving accident victims in and around Houston, TX for more than 100 years combined. In this time, we have recovered over $200 million in compensation for our clients. We don't charge any up-front fees to begin your case, and initial consultations are free, so please don't wait to find out how we can assist you.