Defective Vehicle Accidents
Helping injured victims recover compensation
Some car accidents are caused not by the driver, but by the vehicle. The vehicle was defective, or had a defective part that led to the crash. What happens to the victims of a crash caused by the vehicle that was supposed to be safe? How do they recover compensation for their injuries? The car accident attorneys at Tracey & Fox can help.
We hold the manufacturers of defective vehicles and parts responsible when their negligence led to an accident that left people hurt. You may have a claim if:
- An injury was caused while using the vehicle for its intended purposes, in the correct manner.
- The existence of a dangerous defect was present; either the manufacturer didn't provide warning and was aware of its presence, or the vehicle became compromised during any part of the processing, shipping, or manufacturing process.
- The car experiences a substantial change in performance and function that vastly differs from the condition it was sold in. These changes are usually sudden, such as a muffler failure, or bad brakes.
These cases can be complicated, and the insurance company will fight them. They may argue that you were in the wrong and used the vehicle improperly. That's why you need an experienced and aggressive attorney who will fight for your rights and can build a strong case.
Negligent parties in a defective vehicle suit can include the:
- Manufacturer: The defect may have occurred as a result of faulty design or a faulty manufacturing process.
- Shipper: Known as the middleman of the process, who handles the vehicle as part of its manufacturing and distribution process can still be held liable.
- Dealership and supply shop: Whoever sold the vehicle or parts to you may be partially liable for your damages.
Fighting to help you recover compensation
You may be able to seek damages for medical expenses, lost wages, disability, emotional distress and pain and suffering. These cases can be complicated and difficult to prove. But our experienced legal team knows what evidence to look for that proves negligence.
We may also be able to seek punitive damages, awards that exceed the requirements of the case for an injury claim relating to a defect in a vehicle. The reason for these damages and awards is to punish the manufacturer of the vehicle in question.
In many cases, we are able to negotiate a favorable settlement with the insurance company. This process could take months, or even years. But if we find evidence of negligence and the insurance company won't settle, we will fight them in court.
If you've been injured as a result of a vehicle defect, you deserve proper compensation for your injuries, your losses, and your suffering. We'll evaluate your case for free and, should you choose to hire us, get straight to work reclaiming your peace of mind and the quality of life you deserve. Don't delay. Contact the law firm Texas trusts, Tracey & Fox.