Talk to Us Free
Don't Pay a Penny Unless We Win
Auto Accidents and Amputation
Car accident amputation injuries are often divided into two, main categories – traumatic amputation and surgical amputation. Traumatic amputation injuries occur during the accident itself. Surgical amputation injuries involve amputating an arm, leg or another body part due to injuries sustained in an accident.
Amputations are also often classified according to where the amputation occurred on the body. In general, amputations are classified as lower-limb amputations (amputations below the waist, including the legs or feet) or upper-limb amputations (amputations above the waist, including arms or hands).
Some of the most common – and often serious – types of amputation injuries associated with car accidents include:
- Arm amputation – There are many different types of amputations involving the arms. These include:
- Shoulder Disarticulation (Amputation of entire arm)
- Transhumeral (Above-elbow amputation)
- Transradial (Forearm amputation)
- Metacarpal amputation (Removal of hand below the wrist)
- Wrist disarticulation (Amputation of hand including the wrist)
- Digit amputation (Removal of fingers)
- Leg amputation – Amputations involving the leg and other lower parts of the body are often categorized using the following terminology:
- Hip disarticulation (Amputation of the entire leg and hip joint)
- Transfemoral amputation (Removal of leg above the knee)
- Knee disarticulation (Amputation of leg including the knee)
- Transtibial amputation (Amputation of leg below the knee)
- Ankle disarticulation (Amputation of foot including the ankle)
- Foot amputation (Removal of foot below the ankle)
- Digit amputation (Removal of toes)
Trust Us For Results
If you or a loved one has lost an arm, leg or another body part due to a car accident, our Texas auto accident attorneys can help you demand the justice you rightfully deserve. We have decades of experience handling such complex cases. And we have the case results to prove it.
We take a comprehensive approach towards every legal case we handle at Tracey & Fox. From thoroughly examining evidence to consulting with experts in their field, we leave no stone unturned in pursuit of justice. We’ll determine the full cost of your injury, including the cost of prosthetics and other applicable medical devices. And we’ll fight for all of the compensation you need and deserve to move forward.
Losing an arm or leg in a car crash can dramatically change your life. And if you don’t receive the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries, you and your family could seriously suffer financially for the rest of your lives. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Hold them accountable for their actions. Contact Tracey & Fox and demand justice.