Back and Spine Injuries
Our Texas Auto Accident Attorneys Can Stand Up For Your Rights
An injury to the spine or back caused by a car accident in Texas can have serious consequences. You or a loved one might not be able to walk or move normally for weeks or months or perhaps ever again. Other times, your back pain is delayed and does not appear right away. Meanwhile, you might not be able to work while your recover.
During your recovery time, your medical bills and other expenses can add up fast. That's why it's important that you talk with an attorney as soon as possible to learn all about your legal rights. That's why we want to meet with you at Tracey & Fox.
Our experienced, knowledgeable car accident lawyers have worked with many people who sustained a serious back injury or spinal cord injury. We know how to successfully resolve such complicated cases - and we have the results to prove it.
Types of Injuries
There are many kinds of back and spinal cord injuries. Some of the most common - and most severe - ones we deal with include:
- Back sprain - Back injury involving a torn or stretched ligament.
- Back strain - Injury involving a stretched or torn tendon or muscle.
- Fractured vertebrae - Sometimes called a compression fracture, this injury involves the bones breaking in vertebrae, the bones which form a person's back.
- Herniated disk - Ruptured disk in back, often causing severe back pain.
- Incomplete spinal cord injury - Spinal cord is partially severed. Such injuries include:
- Anterior Cord Syndrome (damage to front of spinal cord)
- Brown-Sequard Syndrome (damage to side of spinal cord)
- Central Cord Syndrome (damage to center of spinal cord)
- Complete spinal cord injury - Spinal cord is completely severed, often resulting in paralysis below the injury. Such injuries include:
- Paraplegia (loss of movement and sensation in lower half of body)
- Tetraplegia (loss of movement and sensation in all four limbs. Sometimes called quadriplegia)
- Triplegia (loss of movement and sensation in both legs and one arm)
Many other types of spine and back injuries exist. Whatever type of injury you're dealing with from your car accident, we can help.
Back injuries occur for many different reasons due to motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common causes include:
Take your back or spinal cord injury seriously right from the start. Contact our law firm today.
How We Can Help
When you have our law firm on your side, you can demand the compensation you and your family rightfully deserve. The financial impact of a back or spinal cord injury can be staggering. If you don’t take steps to demand the money you deserve, you could end up having to pay for someone else’s mistakes.
Often, other drivers deny doing anything wrong. Even if they do admit fault, the other driver's insurance company will do everything they can to reduce or deny your claim altogether.
That's not right. That's why we take all of our cases so seriously. Winning your case is about more than just money. It's about holding drivers and insurance companies accountable. It's about making sure they do the right thing. It's about justice. Put your trust in a Texas law firm that puts your needs first. Contact Tracey & Fox today.